17 May 2009

30-Day Shred Recap 3

Day 11 (May 13) :: I started to to the workout first thing this morning and my shoulders felt really bad, like I needed to go to the chiropractor. I went to see Dr. Hug after work and I was out of alignment and needed an adjustment. Now I have to let my adjustment set so I can't workout again until Friday. Apparently the lack of curve in my neck makes me naturally pull my neck forward during many of the exercises in level 2 which causes excess strain for my neck and shoulders, not good.

Day 12 (May 14) :: day off because of above...

Day 13 (May 15) :: Today my neck and shoulders were still bothering me so I decided to try level 1 again to ease back in and not put extra stress on my neck and shoulders just yet. It was tough. I was surprised! I don't know if it was the two days off or what but I was surprised. I paid close attention to the position of my neck (which is easier with the level 1 workouts) and fell pretty good after. I'm glad to be doing something even if I'm off track a bit. I've kept up with my healthy eating while being really mindful of my portion sizes and I think that's really helping too.

Day 14 (May 16) :: in lieu of the shred today, I spent about 10 hours working in The Browns yard. It might not have been the same as doing the shred but it definitely worked my quads, calves and upper body. After a day of digging, we also played a little wii fit at their house which worked my core a bit more.

Day 15 (May 17) :: Mid point weigh-in - I think I'm down a pound or two (I don't have a digital scale, only one with the little tick marks) which isn't terribly exciting but I'm also down an inch at my waist, an inch and a half in my hips and an inch in each thigh! I'll take it!

1 comment:

  1. Those are great results Leigh! I will be looking to get this video to get the baby weight off in the coming months!

    ReplyDelete