God's gifts - Last Fall I posted about wanting to take a pre-PA school trip. I wanted it to be something big, but didn't have a lot of money to spend and was bothered by taking a "vacation" - wanting to do something. Nothing seemed right, so I kept putting off booking a trip. Turns out all the desires and feelings I had were pointing to this trip - a perfect mix of adventure, travel and service to others. I couldn't have weaved together a more perfect trip to take with Mike before we start the three year grad school phase.
God's provision - Mike and I have felt the tug to sponsor a child for over a year. We have searched through stacks of Compassion International profiles, never finding one that seemed to be "ours". Throughout our time in Uganda we connected with kids but they were already sponsored. Our very last full day in Kamonkoli we met Doreen. Instantly she was ours. A four year old product of child rape, this sweet girl clung to Mike and I with an infectious smile. God saved her for us. We found who we were meant to have.
God's love - all we knew going into this trip is that we wanted to love on some kids. We didn't do any missionary training or plan to go and "convert" Uganda. We simply felt called to show God's love by unconditionally loving on people ourselves. God used that. It is as if the kids instantly knew we loved them. Sometimes it really is that simple. You don't need fancy words or hours of memorized scripture - a loving smile crosses any language barrier and breaks through the deepest sadness.
God's reach - I have been continually blown away by how God has used a trip He sent us on to impact this lives of others. We were simply being obedient but in a way only He can, He touched the lives of those back home. Support, prayer, compassion and action has been stirred inside our friends and family. Perhaps most amazing - also among people we barely know.
My God is amazing!



Awesome post. God is indeed good. All the time and in every place. Let me know when you get the sponsorship packets/posts ready. I think I may have some people here interested.
ReplyDelete