It is really difficult to post anything from here but I wanted to send a little update. We are doing great, a little tired from being outside the last few days in the hot sun. We had sports camp on Monday and youth work day today where we built a fence around the two acres of corn and kasava crops. Both went really well but the hot sun+high humidity combination wore us out.
On Tuesday I was asked to lead the adult women's bible study. It was an amazing afternoon where God broke language barriers and directed the lesson to encourage and challenge these women. It ended in being showered with flowers and perfume (both hand signals they do out of love and appreciation) followed by exuberant hugs from amazing women of God. This wasn't originally on the schedule but it turned out to be one of the moments I have felt most used by God, I love how God works that way.
On Sunday we went to Katherine's house where the orphans with no one else to take care of them live. Between the two houses there are 20 kids. There would be many many more but they are at capacity. It's hard to imagine these children as orphans, worse off then any of the other kids we've seen because now, with loving care and a good home, they are some of the most sweet and beautiful children I have ever met. We've been able to spend quite a bit of time with these kids and absolutely love them to pieces. Sunday I brought over nail polish and we cleaned and painted the girls feet. They so loved the attention and special treat and we all danced around with our painted toes the rest of the night (an absolute sweetheart named Nora kindly painted mine for me and did a fantastic job).
you make my heart happy
ReplyDeleteI love sweethearts named NORA!!! I am glad you are having such an incredible experience. I cant wait to hear ALL about it.
ReplyDelete