02 September 2010

5. 14er. conquer it.

double check! Today I conquered both Grays (14,270) and Torreys (14,267) Peaks - both 14ers (mountains with summits over 14,000 feet above sea level) and two of the highest peaks in the continental United States. What a challenge! I am so happy to check this one off and to have shared the experience with Mike, Summit and my Dad! 9 miles and 3,600 feet up - I can check number five off!

getting started with views of Grays

our goals - Grays, the smooth peak on the left and Torreys, the right jagged peak.

on the trail with views of our first goal, Torreys

almost to the saddle with views of our tiny trail winding through the valley

we made it to the saddle. our first peak, Torreys, looming behind us

We made it! Bagged our first 14er!

Mike and Summit chilling at the Torreys Peak

having snacks at the top

next up, Grays Peak (behind us)

Mike and Summit in the saddle, taking a break for some lunch

on top of Grays, bagged number 2!

making our way back down

fantastic!

1 comment: