30 September 2010

16. Shape Up.

I've said for awhile now that summiting a 14er (and subsequently checking off number 5 on the list) would also be the determination that I have achieved number 16 :: Shape Up. A few days prior to our 14er attempt, I decided that this item on the list needed it's own benchmark. Even though standing on top of Torreys earlier this month I knew that never in my life would I have been able to do this before and that my training and many, many hours spent climbing stairs really did get me in the best shape of my life, I decided to wait to officially check this one off until I also proved my fitness by a demonstration of consistency. I decided that I would have to workout/lift/do some sort of physical activity every day for the entire month to check this one off. This list is really more for my accountability then of interest to my readers but here it is anyway:

1. walked/hiked up to the Highlands Ranch lookout point :: 45 mins
2. hiked to the top of Grays and Torreys :: 7 hours
3. pilates :: 30 mins
4. walked with Dad :: 60 mins
5. arc trainer level 7 :: 55 mins
6. walked up to the bluff with Dad :: 90 mins
7. upright stationary bike :: 45 mins
8. biked through the neighborhood :: 20 mins + ab work :: 10 mins
9. yoga :: 30 mins
10. arc trainer level 6 :: 45 mins
11. swam laps :: 30 mins
12. stairs level 10 133 flights ::30 mins + lifting and abs :: 15 mins
13. arc trainer level 7 :: 30 mins
14. arc trainer level 7 :: 50 mins
15. stairs level 11 153 flights :: 30 mins + lifting :: 10 mins
16. pilates :: 30 mins
17. arc trainer level 10 :: 45 mins
18. upright stationary bike :: 35 mins + lifting :: 10 mins
19. stairs level 10 143 flights :: 30 mins
20. weight lifting :: 30 mins
21. arc trainer level 7 :: 45 mins
22. yoga :: 30 mins
23. elliptical :: 45 mins + lifting 15 mins
24. ran a mile + lifting :: 10 mins + arc trainer level 9 :: 30 mins
25. yard work :: 3 hrs + upright stationary bike :: 40 mins
26. spinning 8.5 miles :: 30 mins
27. pilates :: 30 mins
28. arc trainer level 8 :: 30 mins + lifting 15 mins
29. stairs level 11 153 flights :: 30 mins
30. jogging :: 25 mins + lifting 15 mins

I did it! Some workouts were definitely easier then others but I'm quite proud of myself for finding time (and energy) to do something every single day. no excuses. no exceptions. check!

1 comment:

  1. You don't know me, but I came across your blog by clicking the "next" button at the top of my own blog. I wanted to write and say that you (and your blog) inspired me several months ago when you created your list, began eating healthier and began exercising. It helped inspire me to change my own couch potato and fast food life, and this past weekend I competed in my first Sprint Triathalon and have lost 25 pounds training for it. Don't mean to weird you out by getting a post from a stranger, but thought you would like to know you guys have had an impact on my life. I pray the Lord helps you accomplish everything on your list and more!

    ReplyDelete