check! Mike, Summit and I headed up outside of Silverthorne to a spot far from the city lights with our tent and sleeping bags for the Perseid Meteor Shower. The night didn't go exactly as I had planned - we didn't scout out a spot ahead of time and ended up in a great little camping spot but the beautiful tall trees around us blocked more of the sky then I would have liked (we realized this after fully setting up camp). We set alarms and woke up at 12:45a, 1:15a and 2:30a to watch. We saw about half a dozen meteors, which were still really cool but I was hoping to catch the shower at it's peak (50-60 meteors per hour). It was still really awesome to be able to lay in the tent and just open our eyes and see the amazing star filled sky above us.

No comments:
Post a Comment