A friend of mine is in the process of completing a 25 before 25 list and I love the idea but since I'm well past 25 years old, I've come up with a 30 before 30 list! I have a little less then 3 years to complete and will try to tackle about 10 things a year to stay on track. Here's the list, I'll keep you updated on my progress and hopefully making the list public will keep me accountable.
1. Seek Joy. make a conscious effort to seek joy, focusing on the blessings and keep a blessings journal.
2. Paint. every room in the house.
3. Pay it forward. in a big way. [awesome!]
4. Baby. have one (or at least be baking). [it's harder then it looks...]
5. 14er. conquer it. maybe more than one by 30. [Greys and Torreys were great!]
6. Thankful. write down five things I'm thankful for everyday for a month. [so much to be thankful for]
7. Clean Eating. learn to cook clean, anti-cancer meals. [loving it!]
8. Ski or Snowboard. get decent enough to go with Mike and friends. [I can now ski with Mike and friends although they have to stop a lot and wait for me to catch up, I don't like to go fast...]
9. Short Hair. donate it. [chopped!]
10. Plant. create a garden to feed us and provide fresh flowers for the house. [:)]
11. Cleanse. do it. [weird but good]
12. Bible. read it all the way through. [95% of the way through!]
13. Website. update/create a new portfolio site. [summitstudio is launched!]
14. Business. create and market my freelance design services. [more photography then design but freelance none-the-less]
15. Travel. somewhere I never thought I wanted to go. [Boston was awesome!]
16. Shape Up. get into the best shape of my life. [achieved and then slacked, need to get back]
17. Mission Trip. go on one. [unreal! Uganda blew my mind and broke my heart]
18. Shape Up Again. get back into the best shape of my life and sustain.
19. Volunteer. contribute at least once a month for six months.
20. Take a Class. it can be anything, one day or a whole semester - just register and commit to learn something new.
21. Hot Air Balloon Ride. go up up up. [awesome!]
22. Treat. pay for the car behind me in a drive through. [wondering how she reacted]
23. Photography. become more then decent. [after shooting non-stop in Africa I'm going to check this one off although I have a long way to go to be at the level I'd like to be]
24. Dinner Party. complete with cloth napkins and five courses. [need to set a date, looking for a reason]
25. Camp. during a meteor shower. [cool. maybe an annual thing!]
26. Spring Fling. Spring Creek Ranch/Tetons/Yellowstone w/ Mike. [we had a great weekend!]
27. Save. $30,000+ plus in my retirement account. [hit this mark, hopefully the market will allow me to still be above this mark on my birthday]
28. Red Rocks. attend a concert in this legendary venue. [Norah Jones was great!]
29. Northern Lights. experience it. [going to Iceland in January!!!]
30. Pilates. learn and practice regularly. [on the backburner]
The condensed list is over there on the right >>>I will change the color of the items as I check them off to track progress.
I love it, except for #28 - have to say I am not a big fan. Once you start its hard to turn back and a serious money drain. If you need to do it - go temporary/wash out stuff. Noel found a good book on basics for healthy eating. I will try to get you the title. I also love the progress chart. Cant wait to watch it change color.
ReplyDeleteI love it! Now we can help each other finish ....even though I just realized I almost to the one year mark!!
ReplyDeleteI updated #28 - not sure if I want to dye my hair so I changed it to Red Rocks :)
ReplyDeleteThis is a great idea. I love that you are keeping track of these wonderful things. God Luck with all of them!
ReplyDelete