The Pete family is doing well! We booked our flights for the extended Pete Family Cruise in October, have been eating healthy and working out like a fiend (and recently got Mike motivated enough to join me) and have been working on my 30 before 30 checklist and freelance design work most evenings. Mike is now registered for the Fall semester and will be taking half of the pre-reqs he needs to apply to PA school Fall 2011 and Summit Bear is as cute and sweet as ever.
3. Pay it forward. in a big way.
I was able to check this one off the list recently and am so thankful! I think I got as much out of paying it forward as the recipient did and definitely plan on finding ways to do this throughout the next two and a half years of the 30 before 30 list and throughout my life. Highly, highly recommend paying it forward however, whenever you can!
16. Shape Up. get into the best shape of my life.
I am really committed to this and am feeling the results! I feel stronger then I ever have been before and am leaner then I have been in years. It feels so good to cultivate a strong healthy body! I can't wait to tackle the 14er! (we are thinking Grey's in July).
Also, on a side note... Clean Eating is all about eating food close to it's natural state and consuming the vitamins, minerals, protein, complex carbs and healthy fats your body needs to function at it's peak. This removes refined sugar, processed food, chemicals and empty calories from the picture and leaves little room for much in the way of convenience food (besides the obvious - what's more convenient then a fresh apple?) I have found a few acceptable, delicious exceptions - my current favorite being LÄRABAR! These tasty bars are a blend of unsweetened fruits, nuts and spices. They are made from 100% whole food, and each bar contains 2 to 8 ingredients. My particular favorite, Cherry Pie (I've always had a soft spot for pie!) contains only three ingredients: dates, almonds and unsweetened cherries - so, so, so good! (and LÄRABAR is based out of Denver - love local even more!)

No comments:
Post a Comment