I just realized that I have been refined sugar free for 12 weeks! I've never felt better or had more consistent energy, physical results and the will to be overall healthy. I'm so thankful that God put this on my heart for lent and now beyond.
Since lent ended, we have kept our house as a no refined sugar zone. We have had more meals out then we did during lent. I make the best choices I can in these situations. I have also decided that I will allow myself one bite of desserts and sweets when they are presented to me for a couple reasons: I don't want to always feel deprived and I like to try things. I realized that now that the sugar addiction is broken, my issue is not with having a taste, it is more my old habit of eating more of something bad then I should. If I made brownies, I would want 3 or 4 brownies, not just one. I'm also still trying out new recipes for healthy sweets and baked goods for the times when I want more then just a bite. This mocha cake is next on my list (another black bean and avocado dessert).
I am currently working on a number of items on my 30 before 30 list!
3. Pay it forward. in a big way.
I have an idea for what I'd like to do, just ironing out the details.
5. 14er. conquer it. hopeful more than one by 30.
I have been working out consistently to prepare for our 14er this summer. I'm not sure yet which we will tackle but I'm thinking early-mid July, let me know if you have a recommendation.
7. Clean Eating. learn to cook clean, anti-cancer meals.
Happy to continually check this one off. I ordered The Eat-Clean Diet Recharged to learn more about the science and principals of clean eating. I want this to be my way of life and love learning new things about how to provide nourishing food for me and my family.
10. Plant. create a garden to feed us and provide fresh flowers for the house.
We have started planning our garden and will start planting over the next couple of weeks. We will see how long I can keep it alive (hopefully Mike's green thumb will lend a hand).
12. Bible. read it all the way through.
I bought a new bible to start this! I don't necessarily want to do it in one year so I will be starting soon so I have the time to do it right.
16. Shape Up. get into the best shape of my life.
I'm really enjoying this one. I'm not quite sure how to determine when I get to this point but even when I ran and swam in high school, both were laborious. I think that successfully conquering a 14er will be my official check of this item, from there I want to stay in training as part of my holistic healthy living plan.
22. Treat. pay for the car behind me in a drive through.
This one is proving harder then I expected... with my new clean eating plan, I don't go through drive throughs any more. I will have to find something I can (and want to eat) and treat the car behind me then.
25. Camp. during a meteor shower.
Hoping to do this this August. Unfortunately the date this year is a Thursday night, so I'm trying to iron out the details.
26. Spring Fling. Spring Creek Ranch/Tetons/Yellowstone with Mike.
So excited to check this one very, very soon!
30. Yoga. learn and practice regularly.
Thinking about changing this one to Pilates after more research. Still looking into the benefits and drawbacks of both and then I will decide if I'm going to switch the goal or not (yes, I reserve the right to adjust the items at anytime during the challenge).
Thanks for your support! I encourage you to create your own "Before" list.
No comments:
Post a Comment