25 February 2010

2 down, another in the works...

I realized that by cutting refined sugar out of my life, I've been making progress on my 30 before 30 list without specifically trying to check things off:

7. Clean Eating. learn to cook clean, anti-cancer meals.
Cutting refined sugar out of our diet has really made this one a reality. I will continually be learning more and cleaning up our diet even more but we've already made huge strides toward only eating food that nourishes our bodies and cutting out the crap (or learning how to re-make it so it's beneficial somehow).

11. Cleanse. do it.
The more I researched some of the radical cleanses, the more I've realized they are not really very good on your body and can actually be very damaging. Instead, I found information on how to safely and naturally cleanse. Turns out the our new diet is already accomplishing all of this (and explaining all the extra trips to the bathroom I've been making lately, sorry for the tmi but it's the truth):
  • Increase the servings of vegetables and fruit you eat each day. my fruit and veggie intake has increased immensely.
  • Make all your grains whole grains. I only have whole wheat flour in my pantry.
  • Focus on adding non-bread sources of whole grains we've been eating a ton of brown rice, quinoa and whole oats.
  • Flax-i-fy your diet. we've been adding flax seeds to everything - the most effective natural way to eliminate waste from the body.
  • Drink more water. I've been drinking more water then I thought possible (either as plain water or hot green tea) and feeling it's cleansing effects!
26. Spring Fling. Spring Creek Ranch/Tetons/Yellowstone with Mike.
I booked our 3 night stay today and can't wait to show Mike Wyoming, I hope all the animals get ready, Mike wants to see you! It will be a couple months before we can officially check this one off but we're booked!

No comments:

Post a Comment