07 May 2009

30-Day Shred Recap 1

Day 1 (May 3) :: This little 20 minute workout is pretty intense! I didn't realize just how out of shape I was until I saw my "before" photos - BIG motivation. I had to pause a few times to catch my breath (not allowed - but I rationalized it since I'm a mile above sea level and I was working out in the loft, so I was even higher!). I really think this is going to do me some good and if nothing else, it will help me watch what I eat - I'm not going to work that hard and give up getting results because I ate junk.

Day 2 (May 4) :: I woke up a little sore and a little stiff but thought it best to jump right into the workout. I actually felt it was a little easier today and working out helped ease the stiffness. I think I'm going to like this - it feels good to be doing something good for my body again, a year and a half without a gym has not been good.

Day 3 (May 5) :: I just finished day 3 of the shred and I think I've found my new favorite workout - it's just enough to kick my butt but not so much I stop doing it! You push really hard for 20 minutes but it's only 20 minutes so it's over before you know it and then I just feel strong and invigorated! (and maybe a little sore and stiff but I'll take it!) I forgot how great a workout high feels!

Day 4
(May 6) :: A few sections were tough again today - it's weird how working out goes in cycles. I am ready to start seeing results - I can feel them, but seeing would be nice too. I know, I know, it's only been four days...

Day 5
(May 7) :: Today was great - I feel that I can do most of the workout without problem, I'm still sweating and breathing hard throughout but other then the push ups (I've never been able to do push ups) and the side lunges with anterior raises, I can do everything else fluidly. I think I'll stay on level one for a few more days and then try out level two. *funny note, during the last set of abs, Summit came upstairs to visit me. She always likes when I do jumping jacks (she thinks I'm dancing and gets all excited and tries to do it too). But today I was almost finished before she finished her breakfast and I only had abs left. The last set is bicycle abs - I was laying on the floor trying to crunch while Summit walked back and forth over my stomach, making the exercise a little difficult but she was so excited to be part of what I was doing (full on happy butt), I couldn't shoo her away. (when she's really happy she gets what we call "happy butt" - her tail wags so fast and hard that her whole back half wags with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment