I'm reading through the bible chronologically as part of my 30 before 30 list. Up until now, that has pretty much meant reading in order (beside a heartbreaking jump to Job in the midst of Genesis). Currently in 1 Samuel, learning about the life of David, the plan sprinkles in the David's Psalms when they were thought to be written. It is such a neat way to really understand not only a biblical account of the happenings but also the heart of whom it is happening to. To read of Saul's attempts to hunt down and kill an innocent David, out of fear for the man he could become, and then read David's heartfelt plea to deliver him from his enemies is powerful.
I am so thankful for the Word of God. As I continually to faithfully read (I've read 30% so far) I am challenged, encouraged and enlightened.
No comments:
Post a Comment