I just received an email from the US coordinator for our Africa trip. She just got back from a few weeks with Katherine Hines in Uganda and worked out a tentative list of things for us to do while we are there. I am SO excited! Each step makes it feel more real and encourages me that we are following Gods will.
Crafts for AWANA - bring supplies for about 200 kids ages 3 to grade 2
1 day sports camp for elementary age kids - about 300 kids
1 AWANA game day - toddlers through high school
1 day life skills seminar for the youth - high school age
Teach Sunday school - pre-school or elementary age
Help Katherine design a new brochure
Some handyman work on our buildings and check up on our vehicles
Take new portraits of the kids
Visit the sponsorship homes and photograph the children in their homes
If you have any suggestions, especially for the craft project, game day and Sunday School lesson - that would be awesome! I can't believe we are going to Africa in 7 weeks and will have the chance to work with hundreds of orphans, we are so blessed!
*on a side note, I also feel extremely blessed that both Mike and I were vaccinated last Friday and had no adverse effects, despite getting six vaccinations at once. Praise God! Another hurdle overcome! Also, we have received almost half of our need for financial support for this trip. We have been so humbled by all the support we've received so far and are so extremely thankful!
What a great post! My thoughts are too long so I am going to email them to you.
ReplyDelete