08 March 2012

Orphans

Mike and I are going to Uganda in less then eight weeks. We are answering a calling to serve orphans in Uganda and are open to be used, changed and transformed however God sees fit. We don't know exactly why we are being called or how He will use us once we are there but as I prepare for this journey, my heart breaks daily for these children I have not yet met.

Through my preparation and research I find out about things like this:
and this:

Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." Matthew 19:14

And am reminded how hugely blessed I am. I was able to grow up feeling safe, loved and supported; able to dream of growing older and doing great things. I never had to fear being taken from my home, having unimaginable things done to me and being forced to do horrific things to others. These are very, very real fears of the children in Uganda. By the time I learned how to ride a bike, many of them have witnessed cruel deaths first-hand. I know there are millions of children hurting tonight all around the world but God has laid these African orphans on my heart, over 8,000 miles away. I'm counting down the days until I get to go meet them and see how God might use me in their lives.

"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

No comments:

Post a Comment