14 January 2012

365 days

...until 30.

That means today is my twenty-ninth birthday and I have one year/twelve months/fifty-two weeks/365 days to make the best of the end of my twenties and prepare for amazing thirties!

Here's where I'm at...

DONE (16):
3. Pay it forward. in a big way. [awesome!]
5. 14er. conquer it. maybe more than one by 30. [Greys and Torreys were great!]
6. Thankful. write down five things I'm thankful for everyday for a month. [so much to be thankful for]
7. Clean Eating. learn to cook clean, anti-cancer meals. [loving it!]
8. Ski or Snowboard. get decent enough to go with Mike and friends. [I can now ski with Mike and friends although they have to stop a lot and wait for me to catch up, I don't like to go fast...]
9. Short Hair. donate it. [chopped!]
10. Plant. create a garden to feed us and provide fresh flowers for the house. [:)]
11. Cleanse. do it. [weird but good]
15. Travel. somewhere I never thought I wanted to go. [Boston was awesome!]
16. Shape Up. get into the best shape of my life. [achieved and then slacked, need to get back]
19. Volunteer. contribute at least once a month for six months. [I love MHC!]
21. Hot Air Balloon Ride. go up up up. [awesome!]
22. Treat. pay for the car behind me in a drive through. [wondering how she reacted]
25. Camp. during a meteor shower. [cool. maybe an annual thing!]
26. Spring Fling. Spring Creek Ranch/Tetons/Yellowstone w/ Mike. [awesome!]
28. Red Rocks. attend a concert in this legendary venue. [Norah Jones was great!]

STILL TO GO/IN PROGRESS (10):
2. Paint. every room in the house. [our two story living room is my hangup - I need to at least start with the other rooms...]
4. Baby. have one (or at least be baking). [18 months of trying, it's completely in God's hands... this one may have to move to the "life list" too.]
12. Bible. read it all the way through. [I'm 20% through, I'm loving it and learning so much!]
13. Website. update/create a new portfolio site. [the wheels are churning on this one in conjunction with no.14 and no.23]
14. Business. create and market my freelance design services. [see no.13]
17. Kayak. learn. [this Spring!]
23. Photography. become more then decent. [practicing with every free moment! wishing for more funds to buy a few lenses but doing the best with what I have and learning, learning, learning!]
24. Dinner Party. complete with cloth napkins and five courses. [not really sure why I put this on the list in the first place but I'll get it done...] 
27. Save. $30,000+ plus in my retirement account. [could really use help from the economy]
30. Pilates. learn and practice regularly. [have a DVD but don't have the guts to go to a live class]

MAY NEED TO MOVE TO THE "LIFE LIST" (4):
1. Italian. learn it, well enough to hold my own on our next trip. [another Italy trip is likely at least five years away and I really stink at foreign languages...]
18. Mission Trip. go on a mission trip. [still praying for an opportunity, my heart longs to go to an orphanage in Africa]
20. Zion. fall in love with it again. [we might make it this year but with Mike starting school this too may have to wait]
29. Northern Lights. experience it. [sadly I don't think we can swing a trip to Alaska before Mike starts school]

MORE PRACTICAL REPLACEMENTS (4):
1x. Seek Joy. make a conscious effort to seek joy, focusing on the blessings and keep a blessings journal.
18x. Shape Up Again. get back into the best shape of my life and sustain.
20x. Take a Class. it can be anything, one day or a whole semester - just register and commit to learn something new.
29x. Send birthday cards. on time.

my goals for this year:
live in joy
focus on my blessings
give (time, money and energy) to what really matters

1 comment:

  1. There is just a little something headed your way to help with #1x.

    ReplyDelete