New Years was pretty anticlimactic in the Pete house this year. The friends that we normally spend the holiday with were out of town and both Mike and I had exhausting work weeks in between Christmas and New Years so we ended up staying home and falling asleep around 9:30p. We have never been big party animals but I think now we are officially lame. It seems to be a general consensus around these parts, perhaps because Christmas and New Years both fell on the weekend but it just didn't feel like the holidays this year. Instead of having time off and spending it with loved ones both Mike and I worked about double our normal hours and were too pooped by the weekend to do much of anything.
Although starting out a new year exhausted is not ideal, we are both thankful for our jobs and looking forward to the new adventures 2012 will bring. Mike starts PA school this summer and I'm trying to learn photography as another freelance avenue - both should be exciting and keep us busy.
I've also started to think a lot about my 30 before 30 list. I'll prepare an update for you over the next week in preparation for my 29th birthday next Saturday. It's not looking good for actual completion of all items on the list but I think I'm ok with that. The journey has been great and definitely pushed me to do somethings I likely would have put off indefinitely because they're not practical (i.e. no. 21 for sure).
Hope you had a much more magical holiday. I'm off to get some elusive sleep and looking forward to a little rest a week from now...
No comments:
Post a Comment