15 September 2011

the best laid plans...

I was so, so excited to be spending a few days with my family and sweet nieces!
I arrived Thursday evening to smiles and hugs! Friday was gray and cloudy - not the ideal beach weather so we stayed in and played.
I love how these two love each other.
 
My friend Courtney came to visit Friday night. I was SO excited to get to spend a couple hours with her and little life God's creating in her. Isn't she the cutest little momma!

I woke up very, very sick the wee hours of Saturday morning. The rest of Saturday was spent in bed, missing out on a visit with Aunt Nan and Uncle Bill and the day with my family :(

Sunday I felt better but weak and sore from being sick the day before. I wasn't up for eating yet and unfortunately spent another day taking it easy, just taking in these sweet faces. 
 I did make it down to the pool to watch the girls swim and play. I'm very proud of Maggie's kickboard kicking and astonished by Nora's fearlessness.

Late afternoon, Maggie and I went down to the beach. She's such a cutie.

 Ama and PapaT joined us for the sunset.
Maggie and PapaT took a beautiful sunset walk.

 I'm a mountain girl at heart but a beach sunset can be pretty heavenly.

 Early, early Monday morning, Dayna and I woke up to a very, very sick Nora. I had really hoped my sickness was due to something I ate and therefore not contagious but once Nora started getting sick we knew that wasn't the case. We spent the wee hours of the morning on tag team puke/laundry patrol.

 After the rough morning, Maggie and I went down to the pool.
 We worked on her swimming.
After lunch, Ama and I took Maggie down to the beach to build a sandcastle.
 our creation! a shell decorated sandcastle complete with blue crab guard.
 My last morning, Dayna and I got to spend a little sister time.
  This trip definitely didn't go as planned (Maggie, then Dad, then Dayna and Mom all got the stomach bug after I left Tuesday afternoon). But I guess that's how it goes sometimes... it was still nice to all be together.

No comments:

Post a Comment