10 December 2010

6. Thankful. part one.

Thankful. write down five things I'm thankful for everyday for a month. After seeing a number of people who did a version of this in November (for Thanksgiving), I decided December would be my month - a month when it's easy to get caught up in activities and to-do lists and lose sight of the real heart of the holiday season. First and foremost, I am so incredibly thankful that God gave the world his Son, that he would live and die for my sins and give me eternal life with Him.

I am thankful for...
December 1
· Summit, who is always there to cuddle.
· always "enough".
· the freedom to pursue whatever my heart desires.
· a warm, cozy home.
· a husband who supports my crazy ideas and acts like they're not crazy.
December 2
· enough money to be able to put gas in my car whenever I need it.
· a family I know I can always count on, no matter what.
· my girls bible study and the ability to be real with a great group of girls.
· a job that (for the most part) is very low stress and pays my bills.
· a sweet husband who is never mean.
December 3
· Fridays.
· a safe place to come home to.
· great friends.
· being able to go to sleep early when I want to.
· my sweet, sweet Summit.
December 4
· to live in a state where we can go into the wilderness and chop down our Christmas tree.
· my sweet, go with the flow husband.
· the Christmas season and all that it entails.
· being free to study the word of God whenever and wherever I want to.
· oatmeal.
December 5
· our amazing small group.
· people it's ok to cry with.
· snow in the mountains and clear down here.
· bunches of holiday plans with great people.
· a church that feels like home.
December 6
· a husband who likes to cuddle.
· friends who make me laugh.
· to have access to so many healthy food stores.
· a Women's Ministry that cares about my heart.
· a God who puts heartache in my life to make sure I don't forget to rely on Him.
December 7
· a good friend who keeps my heart striving to be better.
· noodles & co. pad thai.
· brand new babies.
· Tuesday evenings.
· a healthy family.
December 8
· pajama mornings that last past noon.
· homemade pizza.
· so many loved ones to send Christmas cards to, near and far.
· days where I don't have to leave the house.
· a Mike and a Summit who love me tons.
December 9
· my smarty pants husband.
· options.
· seeing the start of something new and exciting.
· my health.
· free food.
December 10
· warm chai green tea
· Fridays!
· the sovereignty of God
· free Christmas music downloads on Amazon
· a wonderful home.

No comments:

Post a Comment