14 September 2009

Doggie Splash

I have been pretty sick Saturday night and Sunday, bundled up in bed with a box of tissues and cold medicine) but I couldn't miss seeing Summit enjoy her first Highlands Ranch Doggie Splash. The outdoor pools at the rec centers are set to close for the season, so they allow dogs to enjoy the pool before they close up. Summit loves the water and we knew she would love this, so sick or not, over to the pool we went.

I wish I had been ready with the camera or flip video when we first got there. There were bunches of tennis balls floating in the pool and Summit marched right over the edge of the pool and leaped in! She looked pretty shocked that the water had given way under her paws (she'd only ever been in the river - where you walk in, not jump). After that she wasn't too sure about the jumping in part but she loved swimming! She picked up the doggie paddle right away and had so much fun!

my little swimmer in the deep end!

*I took a little video and will try to add it here when Mike gets home with his laptop.

No comments:

Post a Comment