We spent a good bit of the day with Summit at the vet. Poor baby has a UTI she just can't shake and it's making her pretty miserable.
We did manage to do one long anticipated anniversary activity - we defrosted the year-old top layer of our wedding cake. I was a little nervous how the confection held up over 365 days and a trip across the country (thanks dad) but it was great! The almond cake was just as tasty as October 28, 2007 and I think even sweeter. The fruit on the top was really strange (we skipped that part) but the cake was really good!
Mike definitely did not miss this opportunity to get me back for the little bit of cake I smooshed on his nose on our wedding day.It's been a wonderful year, thank you so much for your love and support throughout. We are looking forward to the next 80 or so and can't wait to see what all life brings us!
Happy Anniversary!!!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats you guys!
ReplyDeleteFigures Mike would smash your cake :) Happy Anniversary...and all the best to you in the many happy years to come!!!
ReplyDelete