28 February 2012

Life...

People say life is a gift.

I'm not sure I agree with that...

I see life (life on earth that is) as a challenge, an opportunity. Life here is hard. Daily struggles, compromises and disappointments pop up - they consume and distract us.

I don't think God put us on earth as a gift. His gift is salvation, eternity with Him in heaven. Our perpetual goal should be this greeting when our time here is up:
"Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!" Matthew 25:21

How am I using what I've been given? My time, energy, money, resources... Are they being used to further the kingdom of God, to make an everlasting difference or to pursue my own selfish desires?

1 comment:

  1. I believe for you the Lord will say "well done my good and faithful servant.... Now rest"

    ReplyDelete