07 July 2010

Camping!

July Fourth weekend the Pete Family went camping! This was Summit bear's very first camping trip and she had so much fun! We also got a chance to try out our new tent and hang out with some great friends.

Our tent was just perfect for us.

Mike got in a lot of fishing this weekend, catching a fish pretty much immediately.

The hook caught the fish in a bad place was going to die anyway, so he became brunch (normally Mike is a catch and release fisherman).

That afternoon, we let Summit play in the lake. She had SO much fun! She ran, jumped, played and fetched.

Jenn really liked fishing too and caught a fish herself!
(Stephen and I just caught a lot of seaweed).

We had campfire tortilla pizzas for lunch,
they were really tasty and clean eating!

Summit got in some more swimming...

... and then helped me prepare our awesome fajita dinner.

After dinner, Mike got some more fishing in and caught a few more fish. One day I'll figure out his secret and catch a fish too.

We had a great time and can't wait for our meteor shower camping trip in August!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a beautiful campsite and a fun trip! I am glad you all have made such terrific friends to share these adventures with. Cant wait to see you in 2 weeks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing! How great to spend a day "away from it all" surrounded by such a beautiful background. I want to live there!!!!!

    ReplyDelete