22 June 2010

Whew! An Overdue Update.

We've been a little busy in the Pete house lately. To catch you up to speed: the week after Mike had his wisdom teeth removed, Summit got into a travel container of Advil and ate them all (we estimate 12-15 pills) along with the gauze for Mike's wisdom teeth and the teeth themselves (Mike wanted to take them home, I have no idea why). When we got home from the farmer's market and discovered what she had done, we rushed her to the vet. They informed us that with her small size and large quantity ingested, she was in serious trouble of developing serious ulcers and/or kidney damage. She then spent the next two days in the hospital and where they induced vomiting, gave her charcoal and kept her on IVs to flush out the toxins. We are so thankful that by some miracle she did not develop bleeding ulcers and tests show very little kidney damage (her levels are just barely out of the normal range). The doctors will continue to monitor her over the next month but feel she made it out of this ordeal unscathed.

Since that eventful weekend, we have been loving on Summy even more then usual, as well as honing our clean eating skills (I'm in love with these Almond Butter Blondies and Baked Oatmeal Cupcakes):

photo and recipe from :: elanaspantry.com

photo and recipe from :: imadedinner.net

fostering our little veggie patch (the tomato plant has three little green tomatoes, the cucumber plants died two days after planting):

As well as planning a 4th of July camping trip, preparing for our trip to North Carolina next month to meet our newest niece and training for our 14er (to be conquered in August hopefully). The tiny bits of free time have been filled by an influx of freelance work lately. I have enjoyed designing two logos, a baby shower invite, a wedding shower invite, two wedding albums and a t-shirt.

I've made a some progress on my 30 before 30 list as well as a few substitutions:

5. 14er. conquer it. maybe more than one by 30. [I'm up to level 9 on the gauntlet which equates to over 130 flights of stairs in 30 minutes, I'm getting ready!]

8. Ski or Snowboard. get decent enough to go with Mike and friends. [this may change to "learn how to cross country ski", especially since I just found out skiing and snowboarding accents are not covered by my health insurance - not cool.]

9. Short Hair. donate it. [it's growing - once I have enough to donate it, I will check this one off - Mike can't wait]

10. Plant. create a garden to feed us and provide fresh flowers for the house. [peonies and roma tomatoes are planted, now to see if they stay alive...]

15. Travel. somewhere I never thought I wanted to go. [any ideas?]

16. Shape Up. get into the best shape of my life. [I'm lifting 3 times a week and stair climbing or other cardio 4-5 times a week, if I'm not already in the best shape of my life, I'm pretty darn close]

22. Treat. pay for the car behind me in a drive through. [I need to find a healthy drive through...]

24. Dinner Party. complete with cloth napkins and five courses. [need to set a date, thinking maybe this fall?]

25. Camp. during a meteor shower. [working on the arrangements, checking out a potential campsite July 4th weekend]

27. Save. $30,000+ plus in my retirement account. [contributing to my SIMPLE, thinking of opening a ROTH as well]

28. (this one is a new substitution for dyeing my hair) Red Rocks. attend a concert in this legendary venue. [would really like to see Jack Johnson, getting tickets is the tough part]

30. Pilates. learn and practice regularly (changed from yoga). [started taking online classes]

Looking forward to summer and hopefully the end of working most Saturdays!

No comments:

Post a Comment