03 April 2010

The End of Lent, Beginning of a New Life

As this year's season of lent draws to a close I am so very thankful for the new look on healthy living God has given me and very excited to continue down the path we've started on. Starting tomorrow I will not be so super super strict about refined sugar but rather a complete focus on clean, healthy living. A component of this is of course avoiding refined sugar but also processed, chemical laden, unnatural ingredients. Eating more from the God's bounty then from a package. I feel much more aware of what is in the food I was used to eating and have been able to find new, healthy ways to enjoy the foods I love. We will go back to eating out occasionally (trying to make the best choices possible when we do) and enjoying food prepared by friends and family but as far as our house, it will be filled with nutritious fresh ingredients. Come by for a bite of our version of tasty food!

A few of my no refined sugar creations from our last couple weeks:

Walnut Brownies (made with 100% cacao, black beans and banana)
I forgot to take a photo of these but they were great and looked just like these
recipe and photo from SimplySugarandGlutenFree.com

Tuna Spinach Avocado Whole Wheat Pitas (tuna made with plain yogurt)
This was Mike's creation and so, so, so good! We've had these over and over since he came up with the idea - healthy, tasty and filling! I love it with a small glass of mango puree for a bit of sweetness.

Deep Dark Chocolate Tart
recipe from TheNourishingGourmet.com
This one was a big hit even with sugar eaters! I brought the leftovers to work and even without the raspberry reduction (which was heavenly but long gone) the girls all went nuts over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment