28 January 2009

We're going to Italy!

I've been talking about going to Italy for over 7 years and it's finally happening! Mike and I have saved up enough frequent flyer miles to travel to Europe for free and we're taking advantage of it - exploring Italy for our second anniversary!

I've been working on different versions of this trip for months now but finally decided on an itinerary (enough at least to book our flights).

We are flying into Venice on October 16th and out of Rome on the 31st. In between is not set in stone yet but currently on the itinerary: Venice, (possibly stops in Padua and Milan), Cinque Terra, Florence, Rome, Sorrento, Almafi Coast and Capri.

If you have any suggestions, feel free to post them. I'm so excited the trip is finally official and really happening!

3 comments:

  1. How exciting!!!!! You have to take tons and tons of pictures, I'd love to get to go to Italy one day! You two are going to have a blast!!! And way to go saving up your frequent flyer miles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! You are going to have a fantastic time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make sure you go to all 5 islands in Cinque Terra, but if you cant for some reason, make sure to go to the first and the last. And hike as much of it as you can. I am so excited about your trip. It is going to be amazing.

    ReplyDelete