23 April 2012

Mission Trip Preparation

We are a week away from the trip I have dreamed about for close to 14 years. This final stretch of preparation has been an effort to prepare my heart as much as an effort to physically prepare for a trip half a world away.

I'm not sure that we will have much access to touch base while we are gone. We've been warned that electricity is very spotty and we will be lucky to have a few days with electricity and warm water during the two weeks we are there. With that in mind, I have written a series of short posts that will auto-post while we are gone. There will be one each day we are away with a specific prayer request according to the coming day's plans, as well as a piece of scripture and a quote from my latest read Kisses from Katie.

If we're able to update during our travels posts will be by the "Traveling Petes" as noted at the bottom of that post. If possible, we will definitely include photos :)

If you want to understand the heart behind this trip I encourage you to pick up and read Kisses from Katie. I found this book at our local library a month or two after arrangements for the trip were made but felt her story and her heart, resinated so strongly with the calling God had placed on my heart, leading to the creation of this trip.

I've been asked many, many times as our trip draws near "Aren't you scared?" I am so thankful to be able to answer without wavering, "only to come back". I am so thankful that God took a little girl who was afraid of almost everything and gave her courage to step out in faith with immense peace. Peace that walking in His will is where I want to be, no matter what we may encounter along the way.

Thank you for joining us on this journey. For supporting us, for praying for us, for loving us.

No comments:

Post a Comment