23 April 2011

A Meal Definitely Worth Cheating For

Long before giving up sugar and learning to eat clean, I expressed a huge desire to try d Bar desserts in Denver. This hugely hyped dessert bar opened downtown 3 years ago and after numerous failed attempts to try it out, I put it out of my mind (especially once I gave up sugar).

Thursday, I asked Mike to plan a date. I wanted to surprise him with my new haircut. He surprised me by taking me to d bar! We had a fantastic meal, definitely worthy of breaking clean eating for a night!

Mike got the southern fried belgian (fried chicken between two white cheddar parmesan waffles with honey mustard and sweet potato fries)

I got the baked mac & cheese (4 cheeses topped with cheese nips & panko crumbs and a small spring salad)

for dessert Mike chose the cake and shake (3-layer chocolate cake with manjari frosting and a vanilla milk shake)

I had an amazing ice cream sandwich (two rock sugar waffles with vanilla bean ice cream, three cherry compote and amaretto cream)

d·licious!

1 comment: