He had a great time running around for hours but unfortunately ended up with a nasty blister on the bottom of his big toe and super sore ankles - swiftly ending our Thanksgiving hike plans. We ended up taking our great friends up on the offer to spend Thanksgiving afternoon with them. We had a great afternoon playing games and then made our way home for my first take at "Clean Eating Thanksgiving" which I think was a fantastic success (if I do say so myself). I had a great helper in the kitchen...
sauteed green beans and onions
mashed cauliflower (more nutritious take on potatoes)
apple cranberry stuffing (made with spelt bread)
and cranberry sauce with dried apricots
all homemade, completely from scratch, nutrient rich and tasty!
Don't worry, Summit got a little something extra for her Thanksgiving dinner too - she loves sweet potatoes!On a somewhat related side note, I finally got to wear my Italy souvenir (yes, from our trip last October) to our church's Thanksgiving Eve service! I guess better late then never right? I think now that I've broken out my leather boots from Rome, I will wear then more often :)
And Mike put up our lights this week! We're excited to celebrate our second Christmas in our house! This year we made sure to get the lights up before the snow came.

Looks great. I'd be happy to taste any of your yummy cooking. I love how we are learning to adapt our holiday plans to make the best out of any situation!
ReplyDeleteI love your boots! I remember I looked everywhere in Rome for a nice pair and all the ones I liked didn't come in my size or the store was never open when I came by. Too funny. Glad you both had great Thanksgiving!
ReplyDeletethanks Mel! I found them on our last full day in Rome (also our last full day in Italy!) in a shoe store right next to the Trevi Fountain. I looked for boots our entire trip and found them in the window that last day.
ReplyDelete