12 December 2009

Christmas Card Photo Out-takes

Getting a decent Christmas card photo this year was not an easy task... First we tried to find a good spot with gorgeous mountain views. We didn't have time to go on a four hour hike to get to our favorite spots and weren't dressed for a big hike either, but we also needed to be somewhere far enough away from a main road since we had Summit. The first place we found was really pretty but we couldn't get a good shot without one of us being partially in the shadow because of where the sun was (we didn't get as early of a start as I would have liked). Looking back, I wish we would have tried at this spot longer, I really wanted the rockies in our photo... next year I guess...

The second spot was pretty but on the little screen on my camera, it seemed like you couldn't see the mountains behind us, so we didn't stay in this spot too long trying to get Summit to look at the camera (this is hard to do when you are using a tripod and a self-timer - it would have definitely helped to have someone behind the camera calling her name).

We then hiked around the lake to see what other views we could find and Summit found some good snow to play in.

Then we found a clearing in the forest where we eventually got our shot after many misfires.

It's a lot easier to take photos of adults who actually look at the camera :)

The semi-decent photo we chose should arrive in your mailbox any day.

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to it! Those photos are fun. I really like the one of Summit bounding down the hill in the snow! If only you and Mike could have jumped in the shot and looked brilliant all the while!

    ReplyDelete